Publications by Year
2020. Regulation of impulsive and aggressive behaviours by a novel lncRNA.  Mol Psychiatry.,
2020. Nutrients or nursing? Understanding how breast milk feeding affects child cognition.  Eur J Nutr 59(2):609-619,
2020. Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor in the Nucleus Accumbens Mediates Individual Differences in Behavioral Responses to a Natural, Social Reward.  Mol Neurobiol 57(1):290-301,
2020. Positive Maternal Mental Health, Parenting, and Child Development.  Biol Psychiatry 87(4):328-337,
2020. Is breastfeeding associated with later child eating behaviours?  Appetite 150:104653,
2020. Correction: Differential transcriptional response following glucocorticoid activation in cultured blood immune cells: a novel approach to PTSD biomarker development.  Transl Psychiatry 10(1):1,
2020. Maternal antenatal anxiety and electrophysiological functioning amongst a sub-set of preschoolers participating in the GUSTO cohort.  BMC Psychiatry 20(1):62,
2020. Epigenetics, Development, and Psychopathology.  Annu Rev Clin Psychol.,
2019. The PedBE clock accurately estimates DNA methylation age in pediatric buccal cells.  Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A.,
2019. Assessing for Mood and Anxiety Disorders in Parents of Clinically-Referred Children: Laying the Foundation for a Family-Based Approach to Mental Health in Singapore.  Ann Acad Med Singapore 48(2):55-62,
2019. Prospective associations between parental feeding practices and children's oral processing behaviours.  Matern Child Nutr 15(1):e12635,
2019. Polygenic differential susceptibility to prenatal adversity.  Dev Psychopathol 31(2):439-441,
2019. Alternating optimization for G × E modelling with weighted genetic and environmental scores: Examples from the MAVAN study.  Psychol Methods 24(2):196-216,
2019. Fronto-parietal numerical networks in relation with early numeracy in young children.  Brain Struct Funct 224(1):263-275,
2019. Maternal Parenting Stress, Child Exuberance, and Preschoolers' Behavior Problems.  Child Dev 90(1):136-146,
2019. Neural Transcription Correlates of Multimodal Cortical Phenotypes during Development.  Cereb Cortex.,
2019. Dynamic DNA methylation changes in the maternal oxytocin gene locus (OXT) during pregnancy predict postpartum maternal intrusiveness.  Psychoneuroendocrinology 103:156-162,
2019. Maternal Anxiety, Parenting Stress, and Preschoolers' Behavior Problems: The Role of Child Self-Regulation.  J Dev Behav Pediatr 40(9):696-705,
2019. Association Between Repeated Episodes of Gastroenteritis and Mental Health Problems in Childhood and Adolescence.  J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 58(11):1115-1123,
2019. A Role of Oxytocin Receptor Gene Brain Tissue Expression Quantitative Trait Locus rs237895 in the Intergenerational Transmission of the Effects of Maternal Childhood Maltreatment.  J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 58(12):1207-1216,
2019. Associations between inhibitory control, eating behaviours and adiposity in 6-year-old children.  Int J Obes (Lond) 43(7):1344-1353,
2019. Early environmental influences on the development of children's brain structure and function.  Dev Med Child Neurol 61(10):1127-1133,
2019. Maternal plasma vitamin B12 concentrations during pregnancy and infant cognitive outcomes at 2 years of age.  Br J Nutr 121(11):1303-1312,
2019. Gene expression profiling of single cells from archival tissue with laser-capture microdissection and Smart-3SEQ.  Genome Res 29(11):1816-1825,
2019. General psychopathology, internalising and externalising in children and functional outcomes in late adolescence.  J Child Psychol Psychiatry 60(11):1183-1190,
2019. Prefrontal Cortex Dopamine Transporter Gene Network Moderates the Effect of Perinatal Hypoxic-Ischemic Conditions on Cognitive Flexibility and Brain Gray Matter Density in Children.  Biol Psychiatry 86(8):621-630,
2019. Maternal symptoms of depression and sensitivity mediate the relation between maternal history of early adversity and her child temperament: The inheritance of circumstance.  Dev Psychopathol.,
2019. Integrated analysis of environmental and genetic influences on cord blood DNA methylation in new-borns.  Nat Commun 10(1):2548,
2019. Once and Again : History of Rearing Experiences and Psychosocial Parenting Resources at Six Months in Primiparous Mothers.  Hum Nat 30(4):448-476,
2019. Dissecting maternal care: Patterns of maternal parenting in a prospective cohort study.  J Neuroendocrinol 31(9):e12784,
2019. An initial investigation of neonatal neuroanatomy, caregiving, and levels of disorganized behavior.  Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 116(34):16787-16792,
2019. Television viewing and child cognition in a longitudinal birth cohort in Singapore: the role of maternal factors.  BMC Pediatr 19(1):286,
2019. Neonatal amygdalae and hippocampi are influenced by genotype and prenatal environment, and reflected in the neonatal DNA methylome.  Genes Brain Behav 18(7):e12576,
2018. Perinatal maternal depressive symptoms alter amygdala functional connectivity in girls.  Hum Brain Mapp 39(2):680-690,
2018. Relevance of Psychological Symptoms in Pregnancy to Intergenerational Effects of Preconception Trauma.  Biol Psychiatry 83(2):94-96,
2018. The dopamine D4 receptor gene, birth weight, maternal depression, maternal attention, and the prediction of disorganized attachment at 36 months of age: A prospective gene×environment analysis.  Infant Behav Dev 50:64-77,
2018. Generalization of Conditioned Auditory Fear is Regulated by Maternal Effects on Ventral Hippocampal Synaptic Plasticity.  Neuropsychopharmacology 43(6):1297-1307,
2018. DNA methylome variation in a perinatal nurse-visitation program that reduces child maltreatment: a 27-year follow-up.  Transl Psychiatry 8(1):15,
2018. The role of ethnicity and socioeconomic status in Southeast Asian mothers' parenting sensitivity.  Attach Hum Dev 20(1):24-42,
2018. FKBP5 Moderates the Association between Antenatal Maternal Depressive Symptoms and Neonatal Brain Morphology.  Neuropsychopharmacology 43(3):564-570,
2018. Epigenetic Regulation of the Kappa Opioid Receptor by Child Abuse.  Biol Psychiatry 84(10):751-761,
2018. Relation of plasma tryptophan concentrations during pregnancy to maternal sleep and mental well-being: The GUSTO cohort.  J Affect Disord 225:523-529,
2018. Treatment resistant depression: A multi-scale, systems biology approach.  Neurosci Biobehav Rev 84:272-288,
2018. The influence of perceived parenting styles on socio-emotional development from pre-puberty into puberty.  Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 27(1):37-46,
2018. Systematic Overestimation of Reflection Impulsivity in the Information Sampling Task: Age Dependency in Children.  Biol Psychiatry 83(2):e33-e34,
2018. Community study found that cutaneous allergies in childhood were associated with conduct problems in girls.  Acta Paediatr 107(5):900-901,
2018. Agreement in DNA methylation levels from the Illumina 450K array across batches, tissues, and time.  Epigenetics 13(1):19-32,
2018. Integration of "omics" Data and Phenotypic Data Within a Unified Extensible Multimodal Framework.  Front Neuroinform 12:91,
2018. The early care environment and DNA methylome variation in childhood.  Dev Psychopathol 30(3):891-903,
2018. Does social capital moderate the association between children's emotional overeating and parental stress? A cross-sectional study of the stress-buffering hypothesis in a sample of mother-child dyads.  Soc Sci Med.,
2018. The role of breastfeeding in the association between maternal and infant cortisol attunement in the first postpartum year.  Acta Paediatr 107(7):1205-1217,
2018. Moderating effect of PLIN4 genetic variant on impulsivity traits in 5-year-old-children born small for gestational age.  Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 137:19-25,
2018. Birth weight and catch up growth are associated with childhood impulsivity in two independent cohorts.  Sci Rep 8(1):13705,
2018. Behavioral Heterogeneity in Relation with Brain Functional Networks in Young Children.  Cereb Cortex 28(9):3322-3331,
2018. Positive maternal mental health during pregnancy associated with specific forms of adaptive development in early childhood: Evidence from a longitudinal study-CORRIGENDUM.  Dev Psychopathol 30(4):1547,
2018. PRS-on-Spark (PRSoS): a novel, efficient and flexible approach for generating polygenic risk scores.  BMC Bioinformatics 19(1):295,
2018. Uninterrupted Infant Sleep, Development, and Maternal Mood.  Pediatrics 142.,
2018. Perinatal Maternal Depressive Symptoms as an Issue for Population Health.  Am J Psychiatry 175(11):1084-1093,
2018. Eating in the absence of hunger: Stability over time and associations with eating behaviours and body composition in children.  Physiol Behav 192:82-89,
2018. Estrogen receptor α drives pro-resilient transcription in mouse models of depression.  Nat Commun 9(1):1116,
2018. SRSF9 selectively represses ADAR2-mediated editing of brain-specific sites in primates.  Nucleic Acids Res 46(14):7379-7395,
2018. Comparison of DNA methylation measured by Illumina 450K and EPIC BeadChips in blood of newborns and 14-year-old children.  Epigenetics 13(6):655-664,
2017. Fetal Origins of Mental Health: The Developmental Origins of Health and Disease Hypothesis.  Am J Psychiatry 174(4):319-328,
2017. Neonatal neural networks predict children behavioral profiles later in life.  Hum Brain Mapp 38(3):1362-1373,
2017. An Attachment-Based Model of the Relationship Between Childhood Adversity and Somatization in Children and Adults.  Psychosom Med 79(5):506-513,
2017. IGF-1 Induces GHRH Neuronal Axon Elongation during Early Postnatal Life in Mice.  PLoS One 12(1):e0170083,
2017. Effects of Antenatal Maternal Depressive Symptoms and Socio-Economic Status on Neonatal Brain Development are Modulated by Genetic Risk.  Cereb Cortex 27(5):3080-3092,
2017. Effects of bonding with parents and home culture on intercultural adaptations and the moderating role of genes.  Behav Brain Res 325(Pt B):223-236,
2017. A description of an 'obesogenic' eating style that promotes higher energy intake and is associated with greater adiposity in 4.5year-old children: Results from the GUSTO cohort.  Physiol Behav 176:107-116,
2017. The association between chronotype and sleep problems in preschool children.  Sleep Med 30:240-244,
2017. Correction: IGF-1 Induces GHRH Neuronal Axon Elongation during Early Postnatal Life in Mice.  PLoS One 12(2):e0172915,
2017. Infant frontal EEG asymmetry in relation with postnatal maternal depression and parenting behavior.  Transl Psychiatry 7(3):e1057,
2017. Influences of prenatal and postnatal maternal depression on amygdala volume and microstructure in young children.  Transl Psychiatry 7(4):e1103,
2017. Faster eating rates are associated with higher energy intakes during an ad libitum meal, higher BMI and greater adiposity among 4·5-year-old children: results from the Growing Up in Singapore Towards Healthy Outcomes (GUSTO) cohort.  Br J Nutr 117(7):1042-1051,
2017. Maternal choline status during pregnancy, but not that of betaine, is related to antenatal mental well-being: The growing up in Singapore toward healthy outcomes cohort.  Depress Anxiety 34(10):877-887,
2017. Dynamic interaction between fetal adversity and a genetic score reflecting dopamine function on developmental outcomes at 36 months.  PLoS One 12(5):e0177344,
2017. Prenatal maternal depression and child serotonin transporter linked polymorphic region (5-HTTLPR) and dopamine receptor D4 (DRD4) genotype predict negative emotionality from 3 to 36 months.  Dev Psychopathol 29(3):901-917,
2017. Association of a History of Child Abuse With Impaired Myelination in the Anterior Cingulate Cortex: Convergent Epigenetic, Transcriptional, and Morphological Evidence.  Am J Psychiatry 174(12):1185-1194,
2017. BECon: a tool for interpreting DNA methylation findings from blood in the context of brain.  Transl Psychiatry 7(8):e1187,
2017. Choice of surrogate tissue influences neonatal EWAS findings.  BMC Med 15(1):211,
2017. Cumulative prenatal exposure to adversity reveals associations with a broad range of neurodevelopmental outcomes that are moderated by a novel, biologically informed polygenetic score based on the serotonin transporter solute carrier family C6, member 4 (SLC6A4) gene expression.  Dev Psychopathol 29(5):1601-1617,
2017. Positive maternal mental health during pregnancy associated with specific forms of adaptive development in early childhood: Evidence from a longitudinal study.  Dev Psychopathol 29(5):1573-1587,
2017. Broader Focus Required to Understand the Effects of the Perinatal Environment on Child Neurodevelopment: Response to Bell and Chimata.  Am J Psychiatry 174(10):999-1000,
2017. Does the maternal vaginal microbiota play a role in seeding the microbiota of neonatal gut and nose?  Benef Microbes 8(5):763-778,
2017. Maternal care modulates the febrile response to lipopolysaccharide through differences in glucocorticoid receptor sensitivity in the rat.  Brain Behav Immun 65:239-250,
2016. Comparison of Methyl-capture Sequencing vs. Infinium 450K methylation array for methylome analysis in clinical samples.  Epigenetics 11(1):36-48,
2016. Psychometric analysis of an eating behaviour questionnaire for an overweight and obese Chinese population in Singapore.  Appetite 101:119-24,
2016. funtooNorm: an R package for normalization of DNA methylation data when there are multiple cell or tissue types.  Bioinformatics 32(4):593-5,
2016. Neuroanatomic Differences Associated With Stress Susceptibility and Resilience.  Biol Psychiatry 79(10):840-849,
2016. Effects of the Social Environment and Stress on Glucocorticoid Receptor Gene Methylation: A Systematic Review.  Biol Psychiatry 79(2):87-96,
2016. Low birth weight associates with hippocampal gene expression.  Neuroscience 318:190-205,
2016. Pre- and Post-Natal Maternal Depressive Symptoms in Relation with Infant Frontal Function, Connectivity, and Behaviors.  PLoS One 11(4):e0152991,
2016. Associations between poor subjective prenatal sleep quality and postnatal depression and anxiety symptoms.  J Affect Disord 202:91-4,
2016. Mother nurture and the social definition of neurodevelopment.  Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 113(22):6094-6,
2016. Breastfeeding in the 21st century.  Lancet 387(10033):2088-2089,
2016. DRD4, Income, and Children's Food Choices: Plasticity Allele or Different Opportunities?-Reply.  JAMA Pediatr 170(8):810-1,
2016. Association of physical activity and sedentary behavior with depression and anxiety symptoms during pregnancy in a multiethnic cohort of Asian women.  Arch Womens Ment Health 19(6):1119-1128,
2016. ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION DURING PREGNANCY AND TEMPERAMENT IN EARLY INFANCY: FINDINGS FROM A MULTI-ETHNIC, ASIAN, PROSPECTIVE BIRTH COHORT STUDY.  Infant Ment Health J 37(5):584-98,
2016. The Influence of Gestational Diabetes on Neurodevelopment of Children in the First Two Years of Life: A Prospective Study.  PLoS One 11(9):e0162113,
2015. Maternal prenatal felt security and infant health at birth interact to predict infant fussing and crying at 12 months postpartum.  Health Psychol 34(8):811-9,
2015. Maternal childhood adversity and child temperament: an association moderated by child 5-HTTLPR genotype.  Genes Brain Behav 14(3):229-37,
2015. Infant feeding effects on early neurocognitive development in Asian children.  Am J Clin Nutr 101(2):326-36,
2015. Brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) Val66Met polymorphism influences the association of the methylome with maternal anxiety and neonatal brain volumes.  Dev Psychopathol 27(1):137-50,
2015. Maternal care differentially affects neuronal excitability and synaptic plasticity in the dorsal and ventral hippocampus.  Neuropsychopharmacology 40(7):1590-9,
2015. COMT haplotypes modulate associations of antenatal maternal anxiety and neonatal cortical morphology.  Am J Psychiatry 172(2):163-72,
2015. Gender differences in the association between stop-signal reaction times, body mass indices and/or spontaneous food intake in pre-school children: an early model of compromised inhibitory control and obesity.  Int J Obes (Lond) 39(4):614-9,
2015. Spatial working memory and attention skills are predicted by maternal stress during pregnancy.  Early Hum Dev 91(1):23-9,
2015. Breastfeeding and maternal sensitivity predict early infant temperament.  Acta Paediatr 104(7):678-86,
2015. Establishment and consolidation of the sleep-wake cycle as a function of attachment pattern.  Attach Hum Dev 17(1):23-42,
2015. Back to basics: a bilingual advantage in infant visual habituation.  Child Dev 86(1):294-302,
2015. Lower methylation of glucocorticoid receptor gene promoter 1F in peripheral blood of veterans with posttraumatic stress disorder.  Biol Psychiatry 77(4):356-64,
2015. Prenatal maternal depression alters amygdala functional connectivity in 6-month-old infants.  Transl Psychiatry 5:e508,
2015. Early life trauma is associated with decreased peripheral levels of thyroid-hormone T3 in adolescents.  Int J Dev Neurosci 47(Pt B):304-8,
2015. Antenatal maternal anxiety predicts variations in neural structures implicated in anxiety disorders in newborns.  J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 54(4):313-21.e2,
2015. Developmental synchrony of thalamocortical circuits in the neonatal brain.  Neuroimage 116:168-76,
2015. Epigenetics/Programming in the HPA Axis.  Compr Physiol 6(1):87-110,
2015. Maternal sensitivity, infant limbic structure volume and functional connectivity: a preliminary study.  Transl Psychiatry 5:e668,
2015. The interplay of birth weight, dopamine receptor D4 gene (DRD4), and early maternal care in the prediction of disorganized attachment at 36 months of age.  Dev Psychopathol 27(4 Pt 1):1145-61,
2015. Sleep duration and growth outcomes across the first two years of life in the GUSTO study.  Sleep Med 16(10):1281-6,
2015. Attachment disorganization among children in Neonatal Intensive Care Unit: Preliminary results.  Early Hum Dev 91(10):601-6,
2015. Effects of Genotype and Sleep on Temperament.  Pediatrics 136(4):e914-21,
2015. Long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acid status during pregnancy and maternal mental health in pregnancy and the postpartum period: results from the GUSTO study.  J Clin Psychiatry 76(7):e848-56,
2015. The psychometric properties of the Quantitative-Checklist for Autism in Toddlers (Q-CHAT) as a measure of autistic traits in a community sample of Singaporean infants and toddlers.  Mol Autism 6:40,
2015. HIF3A association with adiposity: the story begins before birth.  Epigenomics 7(6):937-50,
2015. Concordant and discordant DNA methylation signatures of aging in human blood and brain.  Epigenetics Chromatin 8:19,
2015. Association between perinatal methylation of the neuronal differentiation regulator HES1 and later childhood neurocognitive function and behaviour.  Int J Epidemiol 44(4):1263-76,
2015. Poor infant inhibitory control predicts food fussiness in childhood - A possible protective role of n-3 PUFAs for vulnerable children.  Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 97:21-5,
2014. Functional networks in parallel with cortical development associate with executive functions in children.  Cereb Cortex 24(7):1937-47,
2014. Relationships of maternal folate and vitamin B12 status during pregnancy with perinatal depression: The GUSTO study.  J Psychiatr Res 55:110-6,
2014. Maternal anxiety and breastfeeding: findings from the MAVAN (Maternal Adversity, Vulnerability and Neurodevelopment) Study.  J Hum Lact 30(1):102-9,
2014. Effect of maternal glycemia on neonatal adiposity in a multiethnic Asian birth cohort.  J Clin Endocrinol Metab 99(1):240-7,
2014. The influence of anxiety and depressive symptoms during pregnancy on birth size.  Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol 28(2):116-26,
2014. Transgenerational effects of maternal care interact with fetal growth and influence attention skills at 18 months of age.  Early Hum Dev 90(5):241-6,
2014. The effect of genotype and in utero environment on interindividual variation in neonate DNA methylomes.  Genome Res 24(7):1064-74,
2014. Low maternal sensitivity at 6 months of age predicts higher BMI in 48 month old girls but not boys.  Appetite 82:97-102,
2014. Infinium monkeys: Infinium 450K array for the Cynomolgus macaque (Macaca fascicularis).  G3 (Bethesda) 4(7):1227-34,
2014. Better quality of mother-child interaction at 4 years of age decreases emotional overeating in IUGR girls.  Appetite 81:337-42,
2014. The maternal adversity, vulnerability and neurodevelopment project: theory and methodology.  Can J Psychiatry 59(9):497-508,
2014. Alterations to DNA methylation and expression of CXCL14 are associated with suboptimal birth outcomes.  J Hum Genet 59(9):504-11,
2014. The methylated-DNA binding protein MBD2 enhances NGFI-A (egr-1)-mediated transcriptional activation of the glucocorticoid receptor.  Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 369.,
2014. Insights from the Growing Up in Singapore Towards Healthy Outcomes (GUSTO) cohort study.  Ann Nutr Metab 64(3-4):218-25,
2014. Gestational age and neonatal brain microstructure in term born infants: a birth cohort study.  PLoS One 9(12):e115229,
2014. Influences of maternal and paternal PTSD on epigenetic regulation of the glucocorticoid receptor gene in Holocaust survivor offspring.  Am J Psychiatry 171(8):872-880,
2014. Early life adversity and the epigenetic programming of hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal function.  Dialogues Clin Neurosci 16(3):321-33,
2013. Morphology and microstructure of subcortical structures at birth: a large-scale Asian neonatal neuroimaging study.  Neuroimage 65:315-23,
2013. Early postnatal experience and DRD2 genotype affect dopamine receptor expression in the rat ventral striatum.  Behav Brain Res 237:278-82,
2013. Maternal care associates with play dominance rank among adult female rats.  Dev Psychobiol 55(7):745-56,
2013. Epigenetic mechanisms for the early environmental regulation of hippocampal glucocorticoid receptor gene expression in rodents and humans.  Neuropsychopharmacology 38(1):111-23,
2013. Variations in maternal care associated with differences in female rat reproductive behavior in a group-mating environment.  Dev Psychobiol 55(8):838-48,
2013. Early maternal care predicts reliance on social learning about food in adult rats.  Dev Psychobiol 55(2):168-75,
2013. Genome-wide methylation changes in the brains of suicide completers.  Am J Psychiatry 170(5):511-20,
2013. Structural connectivity asymmetry in the neonatal brain.  Neuroimage 75:187-194,
2013. Maternal anxiety and infants' hippocampal development: timing matters.  Transl Psychiatry 3:e306,
2013. Dietary disinhibition modulates neural valuation of food in the fed and fasted states.  Am J Clin Nutr 97(5):919-25,
2013. Decreased hippocampal mineralocorticoid:glucocorticoid receptor ratio is associated with low birth weight in female cynomolgus macaque neonates.  J Mol Endocrinol 51(1):59-67,
2013. No moderating effect of 5-HTTLPR on associations between antenatal anxiety and infant behavior.  J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 52(5):519-26,
2013. Interaction between oxytocin genotypes and early experience predicts quality of mothering and postpartum mood.  PLoS One 8(4):e61443,
2013. Genetic variation in oxytocin rs2740210 and early adversity associated with postpartum depression and breastfeeding duration.  Genes Brain Behav 12(7):681-94,
2013. Prenatal maternal depression associates with microstructure of right amygdala in neonates at birth.  Biol Psychiatry 74(11):837-44,
2013. Maternal stress/distress, hormonal pathways and spontaneous preterm birth.  Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol 27(3):237-46,
2013. Early postnatal handling alters glucocorticoid receptor concentrations in selected brain regions.  Behav Neurosci 127(5):637-41,
2013. Epigenetic Biomarkers as Predictors and Correlates of Symptom Improvement Following Psychotherapy in Combat Veterans with PTSD.  Front Psychiatry 4:118,
2012. Executive functions of six-year-old boys with normal birth weight and gestational age.  PLoS One 7(4):e36502,
2012. Birth weight and gestation influence striatal morphology and motor response in normal six-year-old boys.  Neuroimage 59(2):1065-70,
2012. Preliminary evidence for an impulsivity-based thrifty eating phenotype.  Pediatr Res 71(3):293-8,
2012. Nature, nurture or nutrition? Impact of maternal nutrition on maternal care, offspring development and reproductive function.  J Physiol 590(9):2167-80,
2012. Differential glucocorticoid receptor exon 1(B), 1(C), and 1(H) expression and methylation in suicide completers with a history of childhood abuse.  Biol Psychiatry 72(1):41-8,
2012. Maternal care influences hippocampal N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor function and dynamic regulation by corticosterone in adulthood.  Biol Psychiatry 72(6):491-8,
2012. Population differences in brain morphology and microstructure among Chinese, Malay, and Indian neonates.  PLoS One 7(10):e47816,
2012. Dopamine receptors D1 and D2 are related to observed maternal behavior.  Genes Brain Behav 11(6):684-94,
2012. Inattention and hyperactivity predict alterations in specific neural circuits among 6-year-old boys.  J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 51(6):632-41,
2012. Genome-wide epigenetic regulation by early-life trauma.  Arch Gen Psychiatry 69(7):722-31,
2012. Transcriptome changes affecting Hedgehog and cytokine signalling in the umbilical cord: implications for disease risk.  PLoS One 7(7):e39744,
2012. Maternal licking regulates hippocampal glucocorticoid receptor transcription through a thyroid hormone-serotonin-NGFI-A signalling cascade.  Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 367(1601):2495-510,
2012. Measuring the methylome in clinical samples: improved processing of the Infinium Human Methylation450 BeadChip Array.  Epigenetics 7(10):1173-87,
2012. Variations in postnatal maternal care and the epigenetic regulation of metabotropic glutamate receptor 1 expression and hippocampal function in the rat.  Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109 Suppl 2:17200-7,
2012. Conserved epigenetic sensitivity to early life experience in the rat and human hippocampus.  Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109 Suppl 2:17266-72,
2012. Blood pressure and retinal microvascular characteristics during pregnancy: Growing Up in Singapore Towards Healthy Outcomes (GUSTO) Study.  Hypertension 60(1):223-30,
2011. Environmental regulation of the neural epigenome.  FEBS Lett 585(13):2049-58,
2011. Serotonin transporter allelic variation in mothers predicts maternal sensitivity, behavior and attitudes toward 6-month-old infants.  Genes Brain Behav 10(3):325-33,
2011. Variation in maternal care influences ventromedial hypothalamus activation in the rat.  J Neuroendocrinol 23(5):393-400,
2011. Broad epigenetic signature of maternal care in the brain of adult rats.  PLoS One 6(2):e14739,
2011. Early adversity and serotonin transporter genotype interact with hippocampal glucocorticoid receptor mRNA expression, corticosterone, and behavior in adult male rats.  Behav Neurosci 125(2):150-60,
2011. Dysfunction of astrocyte connexins 30 and 43 in dorsal lateral prefrontal cortex of suicide completers.  Biol Psychiatry 70(4):312-9,
2011. Affiliative behavior requires juvenile, but not adult neurogenesis.  J Neurosci 31(40):14335-45,
2011. Behavioral epigenetics.  Ann N Y Acad Sci 1226:14-33,
2011. Influence of birth weight on internalizing traits modulated by serotonergic genes.  Pediatrics 128(5):e1250-8,
2010. Epigenetic regulation of the neural transcriptome: the meaning of the marks.  Nat Neurosci 13(11):1313-8,
2010. Maternal care and DNA methylation of a glutamic acid decarboxylase 1 promoter in rat hippocampus.  J Neurosci 30(39):13130-7,
2010. Socioeconomic status and the brain: mechanistic insights from human and animal research.  Nat Rev Neurosci 11(9):651-9,
2010. Epigenetics and parental effects.  Bioessays 32(9):818-27,
2010. Non-stress-related factors associated with maternal corticotrophin-releasing hormone (CRH) concentration.  Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol 24(4):390-7,
2010. Enriching stress research.  Cell 142(1):15-7,
2010. Epigenetics and the biological definition of gene x environment interactions.  Child Dev 81(1):41-79,
2010. Oxytocin-dopamine interactions mediate variations in maternal behavior in the rat.  Endocrinology 151(5):2276-86,
2010. Quality of parental emotional care and calculated risk for coronary heart disease.  Psychosom Med 72(2):148-55,
2010. Epigenetics and the environmental regulation of the genome and its function.  Annu Rev Psychol 61:439-66, C1-3,
2010. Epigenetics and the biological basis of gene x environment interactions.  J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 49(8):752-71,
2009. Prenatal maternal stress from a natural disaster predicts dermatoglyphic asymmetry in humans.  Dev Psychopathol 21(2):343-53,
2009. Epigenetic regulation of the glucocorticoid receptor in human brain associates with childhood abuse.  Nat Neurosci 12(3):342-8,
2009. Maternal care determines rapid effects of stress mediators on synaptic plasticity in adult rat hippocampal dentate gyrus.  Neurobiol Learn Mem 92(3):292-300,
2009. Stress pathways to spontaneous preterm birth: the role of stressors, psychological distress, and stress hormones.  Am J Epidemiol 169(11):1319-26,
2009. Behavioral response to methylphenidate challenge: influence of early life parental care.  Dev Psychobiol 51(5):408-16,
2009. Environmental regulation of the neural epigenome.  Epigenomics 1(1):131-51,
2009. The influence of birth size on intelligence in healthy children.  Pediatrics 123(6):e1011-6,
2008. Neurobehavioral basis of the impaired nurturing in mice lacking the immediate early gene FosB.  Brain Res 1211:57-71,
2008. Deactivation of the limbic system during acute psychosocial stress: evidence from positron emission tomography and functional magnetic resonance imaging studies.  Biol Psychiatry 63(2):234-40,
2008. The social environment and the epigenome.  Environ Mol Mutagen 49(1):46-60,
2008. Epigenetics, behaviour, and health.  Allergy Asthma Clin Immunol 4(1):37-49,
2008. It is time to take a stand for medical research and against terrorism targeting medical scientists.  Biol Psychiatry 63(8):725-7,
2008. Maternal influences on the sexual behavior and reproductive success of the female rat.  Horm Behav 54(1):178-84,
2008. Promoter-wide hypermethylation of the ribosomal RNA gene promoter in the suicide brain.  PLoS One 3(5):e2085,
2008. Maternal programming of sexual behavior and hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal function in the female rat.  PLoS One 3(5):e2210,
2008. Epigenetic programming of phenotypic variations in reproductive strategies in the rat through maternal care.  J Neuroendocrinol 20(6):795-801,
2008. Maternal care and hippocampal plasticity: evidence for experience-dependent structural plasticity, altered synaptic functioning, and differential responsiveness to glucocorticoids and stress.  J Neurosci 28(23):6037-45,
2008. Regional-specific global cytosine methylation and DNA methyltransferase expression in the adult rat hippocampus.  Neurosci Lett 440(1):49-53,
2008. The effects of pH on DNA methylation state: In vitro and post-mortem brain studies.  J Neurosci Methods 174(1):123-5,
2008. Diet and the epigenetic (re)programming of phenotypic differences in behavior.  Brain Res 1237:12-24,
2008. The influence of natural variations in maternal care on play fighting in the rat.  Dev Psychobiol 50(8):767-76,
2007. Prenatal dexamethasone exposure induces changes in nonhuman primate offspring cardiometabolic and hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis function.  J Clin Invest 117(4):1058-67,
2007. Effect of resource availability on biparental care, and offspring neural and behavioral development in the California mouse (Peromyscus californicus).  Eur J Neurosci 25(2):567-75,
2007. Maternal care modulates the relationship between prenatal risk and hippocampal volume in women but not in men.  J Neurosci 27(10):2592-5,
2007. Neurodevelopmental sequelae of postnatal maternal care in rodents: clinical and research implications of molecular insights.  J Child Psychol Psychiatry 48(3-4):224-44,
2007. Epigenetic mechanisms of perinatal programming of hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal function and health.  Trends Mol Med 13(7):269-77,
2007. Maternal programming of defensive responses through sustained effects on gene expression.  J Psychiatry Neurosci 32(4):275-84,
2007. Maternal separation leads to persistent reductions in pain sensitivity in female rats.  J Pain 8(12):962-9,
2007. ERK-FosB signaling in dorsal MPOA neurons plays a major role in the initiation of parental behavior in mice.  Mol Cell Neurosci 36(2):121-31,
2007. Environmental programming of phenotypic diversity in female reproductive strategies.  Adv Genet 59:173-215,
2007. Transgenerational effects of social environment on variations in maternal care and behavioral response to novelty.  Behav Neurosci 121(6):1353-63,
2006. Glucocorticoid "programming" and PTSD risk.  Ann N Y Acad Sci 1071:351-78,
2006. Neurotensin receptor levels as a function of brain aging and cognitive performance in the Morris water maze task in the rat.  Peptides 27(10):2415-23,
2006. Maternal care associated with methylation of the estrogen receptor-alpha1b promoter and estrogen receptor-alpha expression in the medial preoptic area of female offspring.  Endocrinology 147(6):2909-15,
2006. Maternal programming of defensive responses through sustained effects on gene expression.  Biol Psychol 73(1):72-89,
2006. Maternal care effects on the hippocampal transcriptome and anxiety-mediated behaviors in the offspring that are reversible in adulthood.  Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103(9):3480-5,
2006. Stress during gestation alters postpartum maternal care and the development of the offspring in a rodent model.  Biol Psychiatry 59(12):1227-35,
2006. Serotonin receptor binding and mRNA expression in the hippocampus of fearful amygdala-kindled rats.  Neurosci Lett 396(1):38-43,
2005. Long-term consequences of neonatal rearing on central corticotropin-releasing factor systems in adult male rat offspring.  Neuropsychopharmacology 30(12):2192-204,
2005. Influence of naturally occurring variations in maternal care on prepulse inhibition of acoustic startle and the medial prefrontal cortical dopamine response to stress in adult rats.  J Neurosci 25(6):1493-502,
2005. The programming of individual differences in defensive responses and reproductive strategies in the rat through variations in maternal care.  Neurosci Biobehav Rev 29(4-5):843-65,
2005. Reversal of maternal programming of stress responses in adult offspring through methyl supplementation: altering epigenetic marking later in life.  J Neurosci 25(47):11045-54,
2005. Maternal care as a model for experience-dependent chromatin plasticity?  Trends Neurosci 28(9):456-63,
2005. The Douglas Hospital Longitudinal Study of Normal and Pathological Aging: summary of findings.  J Psychiatry Neurosci 30(5):328-34,
2005. Environmental programming of stress responses through DNA methylation: life at the interface between a dynamic environment and a fixed genome.  Dialogues Clin Neurosci 7(2):103-23,
2005. Maternal programming of steroid receptor expression and phenotype through DNA methylation in the rat.  Front Neuroendocrinol 26(3-4):139-62,
2004. Alpha1 adrenoreceptors mediate the stimulatory effects of oestrogen on stress-related hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal activity in the female rat.  J Neuroendocrinol 16(1):72-8,
2004. Dopamine release in response to a psychological stress in humans and its relationship to early life maternal care: a positron emission tomography study using [11C]raclopride.  J Neurosci 24(11):2825-31,
2004. Influence of early postnatal rearing conditions on mesocorticolimbic dopamine and behavioural responses to psychostimulants and stressors in adult rats.  Eur J Neurosci 19(7):1863-74,
2004. Maternal behavior regulates benzodiazepine/GABAA receptor subunit expression in brain regions associated with fear in BALB/c and C57BL/6 mice.  Neuropsychopharmacology 29(7):1344-52,
2004. Testosterone-dependent variations in plasma and intrapituitary corticosteroid binding globulin and stress hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal activity in the male rat.  J Endocrinol 181(2):223-31,
2004. Variations in nucleus accumbens dopamine associated with individual differences in maternal behavior in the rat.  J Neurosci 24(17):4113-23,
2004. Epigenetic programming by maternal behavior.  Nat Neurosci 7(8):847-54,
2004. Maternal programming of individual differences in defensive responses in the rat.  Ann N Y Acad Sci 1032:85-103,
2004. Epigenetic programming of stress responses through variations in maternal care.  Ann N Y Acad Sci 1036:167-80,
2004. Preliminary evidence of altered sensitivity to benzodiazepines as a function of maternal care in the rat.  Ann N Y Acad Sci 1032:320-3,
2004. Early environmental regulation of hippocampal glucocorticoid receptor gene expression: characterization of intracellular mediators and potential genomic target sites.  Ann N Y Acad Sci 1024:182-212,
2004. Glucocorticoid programming.  Ann N Y Acad Sci 1032:63-84,
2004. Peripubertal environmental enrichment reverses the effects of maternal care on hippocampal development and glutamate receptor subunit expression.  Eur J Neurosci 20(5):1355-62,
2004. Variations of maternal care differentially influence 'fear' reactivity and regional patterns of cFos immunoreactivity in response to the shock-probe burying test.  Neuroscience 129(2):297-308,
2003. Variations in maternal care in the rat as a mediating influence for the effects of environment on development.  Physiol Behav 79(3):359-71,
2003. Partial reversal of the effect of maternal care on cognitive function through environmental enrichment.  Neuroscience 118(2):571-6,
2003. Variations in maternal care alter GABA(A) receptor subunit expression in brain regions associated with fear.  Neuropsychopharmacology 28(11):1950-9,
2003. Natural variations in maternal care are associated with estrogen receptor alpha expression and estrogen sensitivity in the medial preoptic area.  Endocrinology 144(11):4720-4,
2003. Long-term effects of BIBN-99, a selective muscarinic M2 receptor antagonist, on improving spatial memory performance in aged cognitively impaired rats.  Behav Brain Res 145(1-2):171-8,
2003. Maternal care influences neuronal survival in the hippocampus of the rat.  Eur J Neurosci 18(10):2903-9,
2003. Amygdala kindling increases fear responses and decreases glucocorticoid receptor mRNA expression in hippocampal regions.  Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 27(8):1225-34,
2002. From maternal care to gene expression: DNA methylation and the maternal programming of stress responses.  Endocr Res 28(4):699,
2002. Maternal behavior regulates long-term hippocampal expression of BAX and apoptosis in the offspring.  J Neurochem 82(4):998-1002,
2002. Environmental enrichment reverses the effects of maternal separation on stress reactivity.  J Neurosci 22(18):7840-3,
2002. Acute modulation of aged human memory by pharmacological manipulation of glucocorticoids.  J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87(8):3798-807,
2002. Amygdala kindling decreases insulin-like growth factor-I receptor binding sites in the rat hippocampus.  Brain Res 935(1-2):118-23,
2002. Naturally occurring differences in maternal care are associated with the expression of oxytocin and vasopressin (V1a) receptors: gender differences.  J Neuroendocrinol 14(5):349-53,
2002. Chronic treatment with the antidepressant amitriptyline prevents impairments in water maze learning in aging rats.  J Neurosci 22(4):1436-42,
2002. Environmental regulation of the development of mesolimbic dopamine systems: a neurobiological mechanism for vulnerability to drug abuse?  Psychoneuroendocrinology 27(1-2):127-38,
2002. Serotonin regulates hippocampal glucocorticoid receptor expression via a 5-HT7 receptor.  Brain Res Dev Brain Res 139(2):199-203,
2001. Like mother, like daughter: evidence for non-genomic transmission of parental behavior and stress responsivity.  Prog Brain Res 133:287-302,
2001. Nature, nurture, and the disunity of knowledge.  Ann N Y Acad Sci 935:50-61,
2001. Maternal care, gene expression, and the transmission of individual differences in stress reactivity across generations.  Annu Rev Neurosci 24:1161-92,
2001. Can poverty get under your skin? basal cortisol levels and cognitive function in children from low and high socioeconomic status.  Dev Psychopathol 13(3):653-76,
2001. Summary of a National Institute of Mental Health workshop: developing animal models of anxiety disorders.  Psychopharmacology (Berl) 157(4):327-39,
2001. Early environmental regulation of hippocampal glucocorticoid receptor gene expression: characterization of intracellular mediators and potential genomic target sites.  Mol Cell Endocrinol 185(1-2):205-18,
2001. Development of adult ethanol preference and anxiety as a consequence of neonatal maternal separation in Long Evans rats and reversal with antidepressant treatment.  Psychopharmacology (Berl) 158(4):366-73,
2001. Naturally occurring variations in maternal behavior in the rat are associated with differences in estrogen-inducible central oxytocin receptors.  Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98(22):12736-41,
2000. Long-term behavioral and neuroendocrine adaptations to adverse early experience.  Prog Brain Res 122:81-103,
2000. Influence of neonatal rearing conditions on stress-induced adrenocorticotropin responses and norepinepherine release in the hypothalamic paraventricular nucleus.  J Neuroendocrinol 12(1):5-12,
2000. The effects of early rearing environment on the development of GABAA and central benzodiazepine receptor levels and novelty-induced fearfulness in the rat.  Neuropsychopharmacology 22(3):219-29,
2000. Neonatal handling permanently alters hypothalamic-pituitary- adrenal axis function, behaviour, and body weight in boars.  J Endocrinol 164(3):349-59,
2000. 5'-heterogeneity of glucocorticoid receptor messenger RNA is tissue specific: differential regulation of variant transcripts by early-life events.  Mol Endocrinol 14(4):506-17,
2000. Maternal care, hippocampal synaptogenesis and cognitive development in rats.  Nat Neurosci 3(8):799-806,
2000. Child's stress hormone levels correlate with mother's socioeconomic status and depressive state.  Biol Psychiatry 48(10):976-80,
2000. Variations in maternal behaviour are associated with differences in oxytocin receptor levels in the rat.  J Neuroendocrinol 12(12):1145-8,
2000. Variations in maternal care in infancy regulate the development of stress reactivity.  Biol Psychiatry 48(12):1164-74,
1999. Effect of amygdala kindling on emotional behavior and benzodiazepine receptor binding in rats.  Ann N Y Acad Sci 877:737-41,
1999. Maternal care and the development of stress responses.  Curr Opin Neurobiol 9(1):128-34,
1999. Corticosteroids, the Aging Brain and Cognition.  Trends Endocrinol Metab 10(3):92-96,
1999. Maternal care, gene expression, and the development of individual differences in stress reactivity.  Ann N Y Acad Sci 896:66-84,
1999. Nongenomic transmission across generations of maternal behavior and stress responses in the rat.  Science 286(5442):1155-8,
1999. The role of corticotropin-releasing factor--norepinephrine systems in mediating the effects of early experience on the development of behavioral and endocrine responses to stress.  Biol Psychiatry 46(9):1153-66,
1999. Increased cortisol levels and impaired cognition in human aging: implication for depression and dementia in later life.  Rev Neurosci 10(2):117-39,
1998. Cortisol levels during human aging predict hippocampal atrophy and memory deficits.  Nat Neurosci 1(1):69-73,
1998. Do early-life events permanently alter behavioral and hormonal responses to stressors?  Int J Dev Neurosci 16(3-4):149-64,
1998. Tissue-specific differences in rat glucocorticoid receptor gene transcriptional regulation.  Biochem Soc Trans 26(3):S207,
1998. Maternal care during infancy regulates the development of neural systems mediating the expression of fearfulness in the rat.  Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95(9):5335-40,
1998. Reactivity to novelty in cognitively-impaired and cognitively-unimpaired aged rats and young rats.  Neuroscience 83(3):669-80,
1997. Neurotrophin receptor and tyrosine hydroxylase gene expression in aged sympathetic neurons.  Neurobiol Aging 18(1):67-79,
1997. Dynamic variations in plasma corticosteroid-binding globulin and basal HPA activity following acute stress in adult rats.  J Neuroendocrinol 9(3):163-8,
1997. Spatial memory in transgenic mice with impaired glucocorticoid receptor function.  Neuroreport 8(4):841-5,
1997. Stress-induced declarative memory impairment in healthy elderly subjects: relationship to cortisol reactivity.  J Clin Endocrinol Metab 82(7):2070-5,
1997. Central administration of the neurotensin receptor antagonist, SR48692, modulates diurnal and stress-related hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal activity.  Neuroendocrinology 66(2):75-85,
1997. Antidepressants restore hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal feedback function in aged, cognitively-impaired rats.  Neurobiol Aging 18(5):527-33,
1997. High-fat feeding alters both basal and stress-induced hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal activity in the rat.  Am J Physiol 273(6):E1168-77,
1997. Maternal care, hippocampal glucocorticoid receptors, and hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal responses to stress.  Science 277(5332):1659-62,
1996. Regulation of glucocorticosteroid receptor expression in rat hippocampal cell cultures by nerve growth factor.  Neurosci Lett 206(2-3):207-11,
1996. Median eminence corticotrophin-releasing hormone content following prenatal stress and neonatal handling.  Brain Res Bull 40(3):195-9,
1996. Longitudinal study of basal cortisol levels in healthy elderly subjects: evidence for subgroups.  Neurobiol Aging 17(1):95-105,
1996. Early environmental regulation of forebrain glucocorticoid receptor gene expression: implications for adrenocortical responses to stress.  Dev Neurosci 18(1-2):49-72,
1996. Changes in plasma adrenocorticotropin, corticosterone, corticosteroid-binding globulin, and hippocampal glucocorticoid receptor occupancy/translocation in rat pups in response to stress.  J Neuroendocrinol 8(1):1-8,
1996. The inhibitory effect of testosterone on hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal responses to stress is mediated by the medial preoptic area.  J Neurosci 16(5):1866-76,
1996. Plaque-forming cell responses and antibody titers following injection of sheep red blood cells in nonstressed, acute, and/or chronically stressed handled and nonhandled animals.  Dev Psychobiol 29(2):171-81,
1996. Hippocampal cell death.  Science 272(5266):1249-51,
1996. Hippocampal cell death.  Science 272(5266):1249b-51b,
1996. Ionotropic glutamate receptor subtypes in the aged memory-impaired and unimpaired Long-Evans rat.  Neuroscience 74(2):349-63,
1996. The role of early environmental events in regulating neuroendocrine development. Moms, pups, stress, and glucocorticoid receptors.  Ann N Y Acad Sci 794:136-52,
1996. Hippocampal neurodegeneration in aging.  Science 274(5287):484-5,
1996. Phasic hyperactivity of the HPA axis resulting from chronic central IL-2 administration.  Neuroreport 7(18):2883-8,
1996. The effects of early postnatal stimulation on Morris water-maze acquisition in adult mice: genetic and maternal factors.  Psychopharmacology (Berl) 128(3):227-39,
1995. Facilitation of acetylcholine release and cognitive performance by an M(2)-muscarinic receptor antagonist in aged memory-impaired.  J Neurosci 15(2):1455-62,
1995. Neonatal endotoxin exposure alters the development of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis: early illness and later responsivity to stress.  J Neurosci 15(1 Pt 1):376-84,
1995. Sex-specific effects of prenatal stress on hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal responses to stress and brain glucocorticoid receptor density in adult rats.  Brain Res Dev Brain Res 84(1):55-61,
1995. Stimulation of CRH-mediated ACTH secretion by central administration of neurotensin: evidence for the participation of the paraventricular nucleus.  J Neuroendocrinol 7(2):109-17,
1995. Hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal function in chronic intermittently cold-stressed neonatally handled and non handled rats.  J Neuroendocrinol 7(2):97-108,
1995. Increased production of inositol phosphates and diacylglycerol in aged cognitively impaired rats after stimulation of muscarinic, metabotropic-glutamate and endothelin receptors.  J Pharmacol Exp Ther 272(3):1110-6,
1995. Effects of adrenalectomy and corticosterone replacement on glucocorticoid receptor levels in rat brain tissue: a comparison between western blotting and receptor binding assays.  Brain Res 687(1-2):133-42,
1995. Effects of chronic intermittent cold stress on pituitary adrenocortical and sympathetic adrenomedullary functioning.  Physiol Behav 57(4):633-9,
1995. Individual differences in hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal activity in later life and hippocampal aging.  Exp Gerontol 30(3-4):229-51,
1995. Estrogen-induced hypothalamic beta-endorphin neuron loss: a possible model of hypothalamic aging.  Exp Gerontol 30(3-4):253-67,
1995. Cholinergic markers in aged cognitively impaired Long-Evans rats.  Neuroscience 67(2):277-92,
1994. Aldosterone modulates glucocorticoid receptor binding in hippocampal cell cultures via the mineralocorticoid receptor.  Brain Res 636(1):49-54,
1994. The interaction between prenatal stress and neonatal handling on nociceptive response latencies in male and female rats.  Physiol Behav 55(5):971-4,
1994. Basal cortisol levels and cognitive deficits in human aging.  J Neurosci 14(5 Pt 1):2893-903,
1994. Sex differences in hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal responding to endotoxin challenge in the neonate: reversal by gonadectomy.  Brain Res Dev Brain Res 79(2):260-6,
1994. Regulation of the adrenomedullary catecholaminergic system after mild, acute stress.  Am J Physiol 267(1 Pt 2):R212-20,
1994. Hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal activation following endotoxin administration in the developing rat: a CRH-mediated effect.  J Neuroendocrinol 6(4):375-83,
1994. Neonatal handling alters serotonin (5-HT) turnover and 5-HT2 receptor binding in selected brain regions: relationship to the handling effect on glucocorticoid receptor expression.  Brain Res Dev Brain Res 80(1-2):183-9,
1994. Studies of a neurochemical link between depression, anxiety, and stress from [3H]imipramine and [3H]paroxetine binding on human platelets.  Biol Psychiatry 36(5):281-91,
1994. Environmental regulation of the development of glucocorticoid receptor systems in the rat forebrain. The role of serotonin.  Ann N Y Acad Sci 746:260-73; discussion 274, 289-93,
1994. Hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal activity during chronic central administration of interleukin-2.  Endocrinology 135(6):2465-72,
1994. Alterations in central catecholamines associated with immune responding in adult and aged mice.  Brain Res 666(1):77-87,
1994. Postnatal handling alters glucocorticoid, but not mineralocorticoid messenger RNA expression in the hippocampus of adult rats.  Brain Res Mol Brain Res 26(1-2):242-8,
1993. Glucocorticoid receptors in bovine adrenal medullary cells in culture: regulation by cyclic nucleotides.  Neuroscience 54(1):263-73,
1993. Glucocorticoid receptor gene expression is unaltered in hippocampal neurons in Alzheimer's disease.  Brain Res Mol Brain Res 18(3):239-45,
1993. Increased plasma ACTH responses to stress in nonhandled compared with handled rats require basal levels of corticosterone and are associated with increased levels of ACTH secretagogues in the median eminence.  J Neurosci 13(3):1097-105,
1993. Central and feedback regulation of hypothalamic corticotropin-releasing factor secretion.  Ciba Found Symp 172:59-75; discussion 75-84,
1993. Early, postnatal experience alters hypothalamic corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF) mRNA, median eminence CRF content and stress-induced release in adult rats.  Brain Res Mol Brain Res 18(3):195-200,
1993. Blockade of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal response to stress by intraventricular injection of dexamethasone: a method for studying the stress-induced peripheral effects of glucocorticoids.  Psychoneuroendocrinology 18(4):251-63,
1993. The effects of prostaglandin E2 injected into the paraventricular nucleus of the hypothalamus on brown adipose tissue thermogenesis in spontaneously hypertensive rats.  Brain Res 613(2):285-7,
1993. Relationship of social support to [3H]imipramine binding during and after examination stress.  J Psychiatry Neurosci 18(4):143-7,
1993. Molecular basis for the development of individual differences in the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal stress response.  Cell Mol Neurobiol 13(4):321-47,
1993. The role of the medial prefrontal cortex (cingulate gyrus) in the regulation of hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal responses to stress.  J Neurosci 13(9):3839-47,
1993. Individual differences in the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal stress response and the hypothalamic CRF system.  Ann N Y Acad Sci 697:70-85,
1993. Early life events and later development of ischaemic heart disease.  Lancet 342(8881):1236,
1993. Entorhinal cortex lesions transiently alter glucocorticoid but not mineralocorticoid receptor gene expression in the rat hippocampus.  J Neurochem 61(1):356-9,
1992. Changes in vasoactive intestinal Peptide binding site densities in the female rat central nervous system and pituitary during lactation.  J Neuroendocrinol 4(6):759-64,
1992. Adrenal phenylethanolamine N-methyltransferase induction in relation to glucocorticoid receptor dynamics: evidence that acute exposure to high cortisol levels is sufficient to induce the enzyme.  J Neurochem 58(5):1853-62,
1992. Basal ACTH, corticosterone and corticosterone-binding globulin levels over the diurnal cycle, and age-related changes in hippocampal type I and type II corticosteroid receptor binding capacity in young and aged, handled and nonhandled rats.  Neuroendocrinology 55(2):204-13,
1992. Central administration of neurotensin stimulates hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal activity. The paraventricular CRF neuron as a critical site of action.  Ann N Y Acad Sci 668:365-7,
1992. Serotonergic regulation of type II corticosteroid receptor binding in hippocampal cell cultures: evidence for the importance of serotonin-induced changes in cAMP levels.  Neuroscience 48(3):631-9,
1991. Peripheral benzodiazepine binding sites in Alzheimer's disease frontal and temporal cortex.  Neurobiol Aging 12(3):255-8,
1991. The effects of neonatal handling on the development of the adrenocortical response to stress: implications for neuropathology and cognitive deficits in later life.  Psychoneuroendocrinology 16(1-3):85-103,
1991. Postnatal handling attenuates certain neuroendocrine, anatomical, and cognitive dysfunctions associated with aging in female rats.  Neurobiol Aging 12(1):31-8,
1991. Cellular mechanisms underlying the development and expression of individual differences in the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal stress response.  J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 39(2):265-74,
1991. Effects of corticosterone on response consolidation and retrieval in the forced swim test.  Behav Neurosci 105(6):798-803,
1991. Variations in the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal response to stress during the estrous cycle in the rat.  Endocrinology 129(5):2503-11,
1991. Age-related changes in glucocorticoid receptor binding and mRNA levels in the rat brain and pituitary.  Neurobiol Aging 12(5):475-9,
1990. Hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal activity in aged, cognitively impaired and cognitively unimpaired rats.  J Neurosci 10(10):3247-54,
1990. The role of serotonin in the development and environmental regulation of type II corticosteroid receptor binding in rat hippocampus.  Brain Res Dev Brain Res 55(2):231-5,
1990. Serotonin regulates type II corticosteroid receptor binding in hippocampal cell cultures.  J Neurosci 10(6):1745-52,
1990. Androgen binding sites in human temporal cortex.  Neuroendocrinology 51(6):713-6,
1989. The sexual differentiation of social play.  Psychiatr Dev 7(3):247-61,
1989. Glucocorticoid receptors in brain and pituitary of the lactating rat.  Physiol Behav 45(1):209-12,
1989. A comparison of the effects of diazepam versus several typical and atypical anti-depressant drugs in an animal model of anxiety.  Psychopharmacology (Berl) 97(2):277-9,
1989. Differential activation of the pituitary-adrenocortical axis after stress in the rat: use of two genetically selected lines (Roman low- and high-avoidance rats) as a model.  J Endocrinol 123(3):477-85,
1989. Role of the central benzodiazepine receptor system in behavioral habituation to novelty.  Behav Neurosci 103(1):209-12,
1989. Temporally graded, age-related impairments in spatial memory in the rat.  Neurobiol Aging 10(3):273-6,
1989. Neonatal handling alters adrenocortical negative feedback sensitivity and hippocampal type II glucocorticoid receptor binding in the rat.  Neuroendocrinology 50(5):597-604,
1988. Effect of neonatal handling on age-related impairments associated with the hippocampus.  Science 239(4841 Pt 1):766-8,
1988. The effects of chronic antidepressant treatment in an animal model of anxiety.  Psychopharmacology (Berl) 95(3):298-302,
1988. The sexual differentiation of social play.  Trends Neurosci 11(2):54-8,
1988. The effects of acute and life-long food restriction on basal and stress-induced serum corticosterone levels in young and aged rats.  Endocrinology 123(4):1934-41,
1988. Glucocorticoid binding sites in human temporal cortex.  Brain Res 442(1):157-60,
1988. Postmortem decay in glucocorticoid binding in human and primate brain.  Brain Res 448(1):182-5,
1988. Postnatal development and environmental regulation of hippocampal glucocorticoid and mineralocorticoid receptors.  Brain Res 471(1):158-62,
1988. Stress-induced occupancy and translocation of hippocampal glucocorticoid receptors.  Brain Res 445(1):198-203,
1987. Postnatal handling reduces novelty-induced fear and increases [3H]flunitrazepam binding in rat brain.  Eur J Pharmacol 144(1):105-7,
1987. Thyroid hormones influence the development of hippocampal glucocorticoid receptors in the rat: a mechanism for the effects of postnatal handling on the development of the adrenocortical stress response.  Neuroendocrinology 45(4):278-83,
1987. The beta-endorphin response to stress during postnatal development in the rat.  Brain Res 428(2):177-81,
1986. Testosterone implants into the amygdala during the neonatal period masculinize the social play of juvenile female rats.  Brain Res 398(2):324-8,
1986. Increased pituitary sensitivity to glucocorticoid feedback during the stress nonresponsive period in the neonatal rat.  Endocrinology 119(4):1816-21,
1986. Molybdate stabilizes soluble [3H]dexamethasone binding sites in rat brain tissue in incubations at room temperature (22 degrees C).  Brain Res 383(1-2):373-6,
1986. Maturation of the adrenocortical stress response: neuroendocrine control mechanisms and the stress hyporesponsive period.  Brain Res 396(1):64-76,
1985. The development of the glucocorticoid receptor system in the rat limbic brain. III. Negative-feedback regulation.  Brain Res 350(1-2):169-73,
1985. The effects of postnatal handling on the development of the glucocorticoid receptor systems and stress recovery in the rat.  Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 9(5-6):731-4,
1985. The development of the glucocorticoid receptor system in the rat limbic brain. I. Ontogeny and autoregulation.  Brain Res 350(1-2):159-64,
1985. The development of the glucocorticoid receptor system in the rat limbic brain. II. An autoradiographic study.  Brain Res 350(1-2):165-8,
1985. The effects of early postnatal handling on hippocampal glucocorticoid receptor concentrations: temporal parameters.  Brain Res 354(2):301-4,
1985. [3H]Dexamethasone binding in rat frontal cortex.  Brain Res 328(1):176-80,
1985. Early postnatal handling alters glucocorticoid receptor concentrations in selected brain regions.  Behav Neurosci 99(4):765-70,
1985. Nuclear and cytosolic androgen receptor levels in the limbic brain of neonatal male and female rats.  Brain Res 355(2):179-85,
1985. [3H]dexamethasone binding in the limbic brain of the fetal rat.  Brain Res 355(2):297-300,
1983. In vitro measurement of cytosol and cell nuclear androgen receptors in male rat brain and pituitary.  Brain Res 275(1):75-82,
1983. Sexual differentiation of social play in rat pups is mediated by the neonatal androgen-receptor system.  Neuroendocrinology 37(2):85-90,
1982. The influence of glucocorticoids during the neonatal period on the development of play-fighting in Norway rat pups.  Horm Behav 16(4):475-91,
1981. Neonatal-androgens influence the social play of prepubescent rats.  Horm Behav 15(2):197-213,
1981. Sex-dependent effects of amygdaloid lesions on the social play of prepubertal rats.  Physiol Behav 26(3):467-72,
1981. Temporal boundary of the sensitive period for hormonal organization of social play in juvenile rats.  Physiol Behav 26(2):241-3,
1979. Differential effects of testosterone metabolites in the neonatal period on open-field behavior and lordosis in the rat.  Horm Behav 13(3):282-92,
Publications by year retrieved from NCBI Pubmed
- Huang, J, Tan, AP, Law, E, Godfrey, KM, Qiu, A, Daniel, LM et al.. Maternal preconception circulating blood biomarker mixtures, child behavioural symptom scores and the potential mediating role of neonatal brain microstructure: the S-PRESTO cohort. Transl Psychiatry. 2023;13 (1):38. doi: 10.1038/s41398-023-02332-6. PubMed PMID:36737601 PubMed Central PMC9898508.
- Law, EC, Han, MX, Lai, Z, Lim, S, Ong, ZY, Ng, V et al.. Associations Between Infant Screen Use, Electroencephalography Markers, and Cognitive Outcomes. JAMA Pediatr. 2023; :. doi: 10.1001/jamapediatrics.2022.5674. PubMed PMID:36716016 .
- Silveira, PP, Meaney, MJ. Examining the biological mechanisms of human mental disorders resulting from gene-environment interdependence using novel functional genomic approaches. Neurobiol Dis. 2023;178 :106008. doi: 10.1016/j.nbd.2023.106008. PubMed PMID:36690304 .
- de Mendonça Filho, EJ, Pokhvisneva, I, Maalouf, CM, Parent, C, Mliner, SB, Slopen, N et al.. Linking specific biological signatures to different childhood adversities: findings from the HERO project. Pediatr Res. 2023; :. doi: 10.1038/s41390-022-02415-y. PubMed PMID:36650307 .
- Cai, S, Phua, DY, Tham, EKH, Goh, DYT, Teoh, OH, Shek, LPC et al.. Mid-pregnancy and postpartum maternal mental health and infant sleep in the first year of life. J Sleep Res. 2022; :e13804. doi: 10.1111/jsr.13804. PubMed PMID:36511597 .
- Cai, S, Tham, EKH, Xu, HY, Fu, X, Goh, RSM, Gluckman, PD et al.. Trajectories of reported sleep duration associate with early childhood cognitive development. Sleep. 2022; :. doi: 10.1093/sleep/zsac264. PubMed PMID:36355436 .
- Uy, JP, Tan, AP, Broeckman, BBFP, Gluckman, PD, Chong, YS, Chen, H et al.. Effects of maternal childhood trauma on child emotional health: maternal mental health and frontoamygdala pathways. J Child Psychol Psychiatry. 2023;64 (3):426-436. doi: 10.1111/jcpp.13721. PubMed PMID:36331294 .
- de Mendonça Filho, EJ, Frechette, A, Pokhvisneva, I, Arcego, DM, Barth, B, Tejada, CV et al.. Examining attachment, cortisol secretion, and cognitive neurodevelopment in preschoolers and its predictive value for telomere length at age seven. Front Behav Neurosci. 2022;16 :954977. doi: 10.3389/fnbeh.2022.954977. PubMed PMID:36311861 PubMed Central PMC9606391.
- de Lima, RMS, Barth, B, Mar Arcego, D, de Mendonça Filho, EJ, Patel, S, Wang, Z et al.. Leptin receptor co-expression gene network moderates the effect of early life adversity on eating behavior in children. Commun Biol. 2022;5 (1):1092. doi: 10.1038/s42003-022-03992-8. PubMed PMID:36241774 PubMed Central PMC9568584.
- Tan, CW, Tan, HS, Sultana, R, Meaney, MJ, Kee, MZL, Sng, BL et al.. Association of pain, analgesic, psychological, and socioeconomic factors with sub-acute pain after childbirth: A prospective cohort study. J Clin Anesth. 2022;83 :110978. doi: 10.1016/j.jclinane.2022.110978. PubMed PMID:36208586 .
- Felt, JM, Harrington, KD, Ram, N, O'Donnell, KJ, Sliwinski, MJ, Benson, L et al.. Receptive Language Abilities for Females Exposed to Early Life Adversity: Modification by Epigenetic Age Acceleration at Midlife in a 30-year Prospective Cohort Study. J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci. 2022; :. doi: 10.1093/geronb/gbac158. PubMed PMID:36190812 .
- Bethlehem, RAI, Seidlitz, J, White, SR, Vogel, JW, Anderson, KM, Adamson, C et al.. Publisher Correction: Brain charts for the human lifespan. Nature. 2022;610 (7931):E6. doi: 10.1038/s41586-022-05300-0. PubMed PMID:36151472 PubMed Central PMC9556297.
- Li, M, O'Donnell, KJ, Caron, J, Meaney, MJ, Kobor, M, D'Arcy, C et al.. To what extent do social support and coping strategies mediate the relation between childhood maltreatment and major depressive disorder: A longitudinal community-based cohort. Dev Psychopathol. 2022; :1-12. doi: 10.1017/S0954579422000918. PubMed PMID:36102218 .
- Rayan, NA, Kumar, V, Aow, J, Rastegar, N, Lim, MGL, O'Toole, N et al.. Integrative multi-omics landscape of fluoxetine action across 27 brain regions reveals global increase in energy metabolism and region-specific chromatin remodelling. Mol Psychiatry. 2022;27 (11):4510-4525. doi: 10.1038/s41380-022-01725-1. PubMed PMID:36056172 PubMed Central PMC9734063.
- Kee, MZL, Teh, AL, Clappison, A, Pokhvisneva, I, MacIssac, JL, Lin, DTS et al.. Fetal sex-specific epigenetic associations with prenatal maternal depressive symptoms. iScience. 2022;25 (9):104860. doi: 10.1016/j.isci.2022.104860. PubMed PMID:36046194 PubMed Central PMC9421382.
- Huang, J, Law, E, Karaman, I, McCrickerd, K, Fogel, A, Chong, MFF et al.. Investigation of metabolomic biomarkers for childhood executive function and the role of genetic and dietary factors: The GUSTO cohort. EBioMedicine. 2022;81 :104111. doi: 10.1016/j.ebiom.2022.104111. PubMed PMID:35728485 PubMed Central PMC9214799.
- Dalle Molle, R, de Mendonça Filho, EJ, Minuzzi, L, Machado, TD, Reis, RS, Rodrigues, DM et al.. Thrifty-Eating Behavior Phenotype at the Food Court - Programming Goes Beyond Food Preferences. Front Endocrinol (Lausanne). 2022;13 :882532. doi: 10.3389/fendo.2022.882532. PubMed PMID:35677721 PubMed Central PMC9168906.
- Meng, X, Wang, M, O'Donnell, KJ, Caron, J, Meaney, MJ, Li, Y et al.. Integrative PheWAS analysis in risk categorization of major depressive disorder and identifying their associations with genetic variants using a latent topic model approach. Transl Psychiatry. 2022;12 (1):240. doi: 10.1038/s41398-022-02015-8. PubMed PMID:35676267 PubMed Central PMC9177831.
- Etzel, L, Hastings, WJ, Hall, MA, Heim, CM, Meaney, MJ, Noll, JG et al.. Obesity and accelerated epigenetic aging in a high-risk cohort of children. Sci Rep. 2022;12 (1):8328. doi: 10.1038/s41598-022-11562-5. PubMed PMID:35585103 PubMed Central PMC9117197.
- Aishworiya, R, Magiati, I, Phua, D, Daniel, LM, Shek, LP, Chong, YS et al.. Are There Bidirectional Influences Between Screen Time Exposure and Social Behavioral Traits in Young Children?. J Dev Behav Pediatr. 2022;43 (6):362-369. doi: 10.1097/DBP.0000000000001069. PubMed PMID:35580310 .
- Shonkoff, JP, Boyce, WT, Bush, NR, Gunnar, MR, Hensch, TK, Levitt, P et al.. Translating the Biology of Adversity and Resilience Into New Measures for Pediatric Practice. Pediatrics. 2022;149 (6):. doi: 10.1542/peds.2021-054493. PubMed PMID:35535547 .
- Gordon Green, C, Szekely, E, Babineau, V, Jolicoeur-Martineau, A, Bouvette-Turcot, AA, Minde, K et al.. Negative emotionality as a candidate mediating mechanism linking prenatal maternal mood problems and offspring internalizing behaviour. Dev Psychopathol. 2022; :1-15. doi: 10.1017/S0954579421001747. PubMed PMID:35440354 .
- Lau, HX, Kee, MZL, Yap, QV, Tham, EH, Chan, YH, Goh, AEN et al.. Associations Between Maternal Distress During Early Life Periods and Offspring Respiratory Infections and Allergic Outcomes. Front Pediatr. 2022;10 :749323. doi: 10.3389/fped.2022.749323. PubMed PMID:35433563 PubMed Central PMC9006870.
- Loo, EXL, Ooi, DSQ, Ong, M, Ta, LDH, Lau, HX, Tay, MJY et al.. Associations Between Eczema and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Symptoms in Children. Front Pediatr. 2022;10 :837741. doi: 10.3389/fped.2022.837741. PubMed PMID:35433544 PubMed Central PMC9007142.
- Chan, SY, Ong, ZY, Ngoh, ZM, Chong, YS, Zhou, JH, Fortier, MV et al.. Structure-function coupling within the reward network in preschool children predicts executive functioning in later childhood. Dev Cogn Neurosci. 2022;55 :101107. doi: 10.1016/j.dcn.2022.101107. PubMed PMID:35413663 PubMed Central PMC9010704.
- Bethlehem, RAI, Seidlitz, J, White, SR, Vogel, JW, Anderson, KM, Adamson, C et al.. Brain charts for the human lifespan. Nature. 2022;604 (7906):525-533. doi: 10.1038/s41586-022-04554-y. PubMed PMID:35388223 PubMed Central PMC9021021.
- Restrepo-Lozano, JM, Pokhvisneva, I, Wang, Z, Patel, S, Meaney, MJ, Silveira, PP et al.. Corticolimbic DCC gene co-expression networks as predictors of impulsivity in children. Mol Psychiatry. 2022;27 (6):2742-2750. doi: 10.1038/s41380-022-01533-7. PubMed PMID:35388180 PubMed Central PMC9156406.
- McGill, MG, Pokhvisneva, I, Clappison, AS, McEwen, LM, Beijers, R, Tollenaar, M et al.. Reply to: Crossing the "Birth Border" for Epigenetic Effects. Biol Psychiatry. 2022;92 (4):e25-e26. doi: 10.1016/j.biopsych.2021.12.008. PubMed PMID:35249723 .
- Su, YY, D'Arcy, C, Li, M, O'Donnell, KJ, Caron, J, Meaney, MJ et al.. Specific and cumulative lifetime stressors in the aetiology of major depression: A longitudinal community-based population study. Epidemiol Psychiatr Sci. 2022;31 :e3. doi: 10.1017/S2045796021000779. PubMed PMID:35078547 PubMed Central PMC8851045.
- Chen, L, Tan, KML, Gong, M, Chong, MFF, Tan, KH, Chong, YS et al.. Variability in newborn telomere length is explained by inheritance and intrauterine environment. BMC Med. 2022;20 (1):20. doi: 10.1186/s12916-021-02217-9. PubMed PMID:35073935 PubMed Central PMC8787951.
- Jaramillo-Ospina, A, Casanello, P, Garmendia, ML, Andersen, R, Levitan, RD, Meaney, MJ et al.. Interactions between a polygenic risk score for plasma docosahexaenoic fatty acid concentration, eating behaviour, and body composition in children. Int J Obes (Lond). 2022;46 (5):977-985. doi: 10.1038/s41366-022-01067-6. PubMed PMID:35058573 .
- de Mendonça Filho, EJ, Barth, B, Bandeira, DR, de Lima, RMS, Arcego, DM, Dalmaz, C et al.. Cognitive Development and Brain Gray Matter Susceptibility to Prenatal Adversities: Moderation by the Prefrontal Cortex Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor Gene Co-expression Network. Front Neurosci. 2021;15 :744743. doi: 10.3389/fnins.2021.744743. PubMed PMID:34899157 PubMed Central PMC8652300.
- Shenk, CE, Felt, JM, Ram, N, O'Donnell, KJ, Sliwinski, MJ, Pokhvisneva, I et al.. Cortisol trajectories measured prospectively across thirty years of female development following exposure to childhood sexual abuse: Moderation by epigenetic age acceleration at midlife. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2022;136 :105606. doi: 10.1016/j.psyneuen.2021.105606. PubMed PMID:34896740 PubMed Central PMC8724404.
- Caradonna, SG, Zhang, TY, O'Toole, N, Shen, MJ, Khalil, H, Einhorn, NR et al.. Genomic modules and intramodular network concordance in susceptible and resilient male mice across models of stress. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2022;47 (5):987-999. doi: 10.1038/s41386-021-01219-8. PubMed PMID:34848858 PubMed Central PMC8938529.
- Almeida, D, Fiori, LM, Chen, GG, Aouabed, Z, Lutz, PE, Zhang, TY et al.. Oxytocin receptor expression and epigenetic regulation in the anterior cingulate cortex of individuals with a history of severe childhood abuse. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2022;136 :105600. doi: 10.1016/j.psyneuen.2021.105600. PubMed PMID:34839083 .
- Tsotsi, S, Borelli, JL, Backer, M, Veragoo, N, Abdulla, N, Tan, KH et al.. Preschoolers' emotion reactivity and regulation: Links with maternal psychological distress and child behavior problems. Dev Psychopathol. 2021; :1-13. doi: 10.1017/S0954579421000936. PubMed PMID:34779373 .
- Zhu, J, Zhang, H, Chong, YS, Shek, LP, Gluckman, PD, Meaney, MJ et al.. Integrated structural and functional atlases of Asian children from infancy to childhood. Neuroimage. 2021;245 :118716. doi: 10.1016/j.neuroimage.2021.118716. PubMed PMID:34767941 .
- Mucellini, AB, Miguel, PM, Dalle Molle, R, Rodrigues, DM, Machado, TD, Reis, RS et al.. Diminished insulin sensitivity is associated with altered brain activation to food cues and with risk for obesity - Implications for individuals born small for gestational age. Appetite. 2022;169 :105799. doi: 10.1016/j.appet.2021.105799. PubMed PMID:34767841 .
- McGill, MG, Pokhvisneva, I, Clappison, AS, McEwen, LM, Beijers, R, Tollenaar, MS et al.. Maternal Prenatal Anxiety and the Fetal Origins of Epigenetic Aging. Biol Psychiatry. 2022;91 (3):303-312. doi: 10.1016/j.biopsych.2021.07.025. PubMed PMID:34756561 .
- Lim, IY, Lin, X, Teh, AL, Wu, Y, Chen, L, He, M et al.. Dichotomy in the Impact of Elevated Maternal Glucose Levels on Neonatal Epigenome. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2022;107 (3):e1277-e1292. doi: 10.1210/clinem/dgab710. PubMed PMID:34633450 PubMed Central PMC8852163.
- Abdul Jafar, NK, Tham, EKH, Pang, WW, Fok, D, Chua, MC, Teoh, OH et al.. Association between breastfeeding and sleep patterns in infants and preschool children. Am J Clin Nutr. 2021;114 (6):1986-1996. doi: 10.1093/ajcn/nqab297. PubMed PMID:34582549 .
- Roubinov, D, Meaney, MJ, Boyce, WT. Change of pace: How developmental tempo varies to accommodate failed provision of early needs. Neurosci Biobehav Rev. 2021;131 :120-134. doi: 10.1016/j.neubiorev.2021.09.031. PubMed PMID:34547365 PubMed Central PMC8648258.
- Batra, A, Chen, LM, Wang, Z, Parent, C, Pokhvisneva, I, Patel, S et al.. Early Life Adversity and Polygenic Risk for High Fasting Insulin Are Associated With Childhood Impulsivity. Front Neurosci. 2021;15 :704785. doi: 10.3389/fnins.2021.704785. PubMed PMID:34539334 PubMed Central PMC8441000.
- Dalmaz, C, Barth, B, Pokhvisneva, I, Wang, Z, Patel, S, Quillfeldt, JA et al.. Prefrontal cortex VAMP1 gene network moderates the effect of the early environment on cognitive flexibility in children. Neurobiol Learn Mem. 2021;185 :107509. doi: 10.1016/j.nlm.2021.107509. PubMed PMID:34454100 .
- Cremaschi, A, De Iorio, M, Seng Chong, Y, Broekman, B, Meaney, MJ, Kee, MZL et al.. A Bayesian nonparametric approach to dynamic item-response modeling: An application to the GUSTO cohort study. Stat Med. 2021;40 (27):6021-6037. doi: 10.1002/sim.9167. PubMed PMID:34412151 PubMed Central PMC9546363.
- Neumann, A, Jolicoeur-Martineau, A, Szekely, E, Sallis, HM, O'Donnel, K, Greenwood, CMT et al.. Combined polygenic risk scores of different psychiatric traits predict general and specific psychopathology in childhood. J Child Psychol Psychiatry. 2022;63 (6):636-645. doi: 10.1111/jcpp.13501. PubMed PMID:34389974 PubMed Central PMC9291767.
- Lee, CYS, Goh, TJ, Meaney, MJ, Cai, S, Tan, KH, Shek, LP et al.. Our children then and now: Changes in mental health symptoms among Singaporean children from 2003 to 2017. Asian J Psychiatr. 2021;63 :102773. doi: 10.1016/j.ajp.2021.102773. PubMed PMID:34298431 .
- Toh, JY, Quah, PL, Wong, CH, Lun Yuan, W, Aris, IM, McCrickerd, K et al.. Evaluation of a child food reward task and its association with maternal feeding practices. PLoS One. 2021;16 (7):e0254773. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0254773. PubMed PMID:34288967 PubMed Central PMC8294516.
- Koh, DXP, Tint, MT, Gluckman, PD, Chong, YS, Yap, FKP, Qiu, A et al.. Association of increased abdominal adiposity at birth with altered ventral caudate microstructure. Int J Obes (Lond). 2021;45 (11):2396-2403. doi: 10.1038/s41366-021-00905-3. PubMed PMID:34282269 .
- Wei, D, Zhang, H, Broekman, BFP, Chong, YS, Shek, LP, Yap, F et al.. Cortical Development Mediates Association of Prenatal Maternal Depressive Symptoms and Child Reward Sensitivity: A Longitudinal Study. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2022;61 (3):392-401. doi: 10.1016/j.jaac.2021.05.021. PubMed PMID:34146666 .
- Cai, S, Aris, IM, Yuan, WL, Tan, KH, Godfrey, KM, Gluckman, PD et al.. Neonatal amygdala microstructure mediates the relationship between gestational glycemia and offspring adiposity. BMJ Open Diabetes Res Care. 2021;9 (1):. doi: 10.1136/bmjdrc-2020-001396. PubMed PMID:33888539 PubMed Central PMC8070871.
- Zhang, H, Wong, TY, Broekman, BFP, Chong, YS, Shek, LP, Gluckman, PD et al.. Maternal Adverse Childhood Experience and Depression in Relation with Brain Network Development and Behaviors in Children: A Longitudinal Study. Cereb Cortex. 2021;31 (9):4233-4244. doi: 10.1093/cercor/bhab081. PubMed PMID:33825872 .
- Qiu, A, Zhang, H, Wang, C, Chong, YS, Shek, LP, Gluckman, PD et al.. Canonical TGF-β signaling regulates the relationship between prenatal maternal depression and amygdala development in early life. Transl Psychiatry. 2021;11 (1):170. doi: 10.1038/s41398-021-01292-z. PubMed PMID:33723212 PubMed Central PMC7961018.
- Parent, C, Pokhvisneva, I, de Mendonça Filho, EJ, O'Donnell, KJ, Meaney, MJ, Kee, MZL et al.. Salivary cytokine cluster moderates the association between caregivers perceived stress and emotional functioning in youth. Brain Behav Immun. 2021;94 :125-137. doi: 10.1016/j.bbi.2021.02.025. PubMed PMID:33662503 .
- Chua, RXY, Tay, MJY, Ooi, DSQ, Siah, KTH, Tham, EH, Shek, LP et al.. Understanding the Link Between Allergy and Neurodevelopmental Disorders: A Current Review of Factors and Mechanisms. Front Neurol. 2020;11 :603571. doi: 10.3389/fneur.2020.603571. PubMed PMID:33658968 PubMed Central PMC7917177.
- Fitzgerald, E, Parent, C, Kee, MZL, Meaney, MJ. Maternal Distress and Offspring Neurodevelopment: Challenges and Opportunities for Pre-clinical Research Models. Front Hum Neurosci. 2021;15 :635304. doi: 10.3389/fnhum.2021.635304. PubMed PMID:33643013 PubMed Central PMC7907173.
- Wong, G, Weir, JM, Mishra, P, Huynh, K, Nijagal, B, Gupta, V et al.. The placental lipidome of maternal antenatal depression predicts socio-emotional problems in the offspring. Transl Psychiatry. 2021;11 (1):107. doi: 10.1038/s41398-021-01208-x. PubMed PMID:33542173 PubMed Central PMC7862650.
- Paquet, C, Portella, AK, Moore, S, Ma, Y, Dagher, A, Meaney, MJ et al.. Dopamine D4 receptor gene polymorphism (DRD4 VNTR) moderates real-world behavioural response to the food retail environment in children. BMC Public Health. 2021;21 (1):145. doi: 10.1186/s12889-021-10160-w. PubMed PMID:33530977 PubMed Central PMC7856809.
- Kee, MZL, Ponmudi, S, Phua, DY, Rifkin-Graboi, A, Chong, YS, Tan, KH et al.. Preconception origins of perinatal maternal mental health. Arch Womens Ment Health. 2021;24 (4):605-618. doi: 10.1007/s00737-020-01096-y. PubMed PMID:33486655 PubMed Central PMC8266713.
- Shenk, CE, O'Donnell, KJ, Pokhvisneva, I, Kobor, MS, Meaney, MJ, Bensman, HE et al.. Epigenetic Age Acceleration and Risk for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder following Exposure to Substantiated Child Maltreatment. J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol. 2022;51 (5):651-661. doi: 10.1080/15374416.2020.1864738. PubMed PMID:33471576 PubMed Central PMC8289945.
- Tollenaar, MS, Beijers, R, Garg, E, Nguyen, TTT, Lin, DTS, MacIsaac, JL et al.. Internalizing symptoms associate with the pace of epigenetic aging in childhood. Biol Psychol. 2021;159 :108021. doi: 10.1016/j.biopsycho.2021.108021. PubMed PMID:33460784 .
- Rifkin-Graboi, A, Goh, SK, Chong, HJ, Tsotsi, S, Sim, LW, Tan, KH et al.. Caregiving adversity during infancy and preschool cognitive function: adaptations to context?. J Dev Orig Health Dis. 2021;12 (6):890-901. doi: 10.1017/S2040174420001348. PubMed PMID:33436135 .
- Chen, LM, Tollenaar, MS, Hari Dass, SA, Bouvette-Turcot, AA, Pokhvisneva, I, Gaudreau, H et al.. Maternal antenatal depression and child mental health: Moderation by genomic risk for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder. Dev Psychopathol. 2020;32 (5):1810-1821. doi: 10.1017/S0954579420001418. PubMed PMID:33427178 .
- Law, EC, Aishworiya, R, Cai, S, Bouvette-Turcot, AA, Broekman, BFP, Chen, H et al.. Income disparity in school readiness and the mediating role of perinatal maternal mental health: a longitudinal birth cohort study. Epidemiol Psychiatr Sci. 2021;30 :e6. doi: 10.1017/S204579602000102X. PubMed PMID:33416045 PubMed Central PMC8057379.
- Delgadillo, D, Boparai, S, Pressman, SD, Goldstein, A, Bureau, JF, Schmiedel, S et al.. Maternal expressions of positive emotion for children predicts children's respiratory sinus arrhythmia surrounding stress. Dev Psychobiol. 2021;63 (5):1225-1240. doi: 10.1002/dev.22082. PubMed PMID:33403675 .
- Uechi, L, Jalali, M, Wilbur, JD, French, JL, Jumbe, NL, Meaney, MJ et al.. Complex genetic dependencies among growth and neurological phenotypes in healthy children: Towards deciphering developmental mechanisms. PLoS One. 2020;15 (12):e0242684. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0242684. PubMed PMID:33270668 PubMed Central PMC7714163.
- Loo, EXL, Soh, SE, Loy, SL, Ng, S, Tint, MT, Chan, SY et al.. Cohort profile: Singapore Preconception Study of Long-Term Maternal and Child Outcomes (S-PRESTO). Eur J Epidemiol. 2021;36 (1):129-142. doi: 10.1007/s10654-020-00697-2. PubMed PMID:33222050 PubMed Central PMC7116651.
- Morgunova, A, Pokhvisneva, I, Nolvi, S, Entringer, S, Wadhwa, P, Gilmore, J et al.. DCC gene network in the prefrontal cortex is associated with total brain volume in childhood. J Psychiatry Neurosci. 2020;46 (1):E154-E163. doi: 10.1503/jpn.200081. PubMed PMID:33206040 PubMed Central PMC7955849.
- Dhabhar, FS, Meaney, MJ, Sapolsky, RM, Spencer, RL. Reflections on Bruce S. McEwen's contributions to stress neurobiology and so much more. Stress. 2020;23 (5):499-508. doi: 10.1080/10253890.2020.1806228. PubMed PMID:32851903 .
- Phua, DY, Chen, H, Chong, YS, Gluckman, PD, Broekman, BFP, Meaney, MJ et al.. Network Analyses of Maternal Pre- and Post-Partum Symptoms of Depression and Anxiety. Front Psychiatry. 2020;11 :785. doi: 10.3389/fpsyt.2020.00785. PubMed PMID:32848949 PubMed Central PMC7424069.
- Nagy, E, Moore, S, Silveira, PP, Meaney, MJ, Levitan, RD, Dubé, L et al.. Low socioeconomic status, parental stress, depression, and the buffering role of network social capital in mothers. J Ment Health. 2022;31 (3):340-347. doi: 10.1080/09638237.2020.1793118. PubMed PMID:32691647 .
- Wu, Y, Zhang, H, Wang, C, Broekman, BFP, Chong, YS, Shek, LP et al.. Inflammatory modulation of the associations between prenatal maternal depression and neonatal brain. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2021;46 (2):470-477. doi: 10.1038/s41386-020-0774-0. PubMed PMID:32688365 PubMed Central PMC7852623.
- Syn, NL, Chan, SY, Chia, EWY, Ong, WX, Phua, D, Cai, S et al.. Severity of nausea and vomiting in pregnancy and early childhood neurobehavioural outcomes: The Growing Up in Singapore Towards Healthy Outcomes study. Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol. 2021;35 (1):98-108. doi: 10.1111/ppe.12703. PubMed PMID:32578237 PubMed Central PMC7116637.
- Tan, CW, Sultana, R, Kee, MZL, Meaney, MJ, Sng, BL. Investigating the association between labour epidural analgesia and postpartum depression: A prospective cohort study. Eur J Anaesthesiol. 2020;37 (9):796-802. doi: 10.1097/EJA.0000000000001236. PubMed PMID:32453169 .
- Lai, JS, Cai, S, Lee, BL, Godfrey, KM, Gluckman, PD, Shek, LP et al.. Higher maternal plasma β-cryptoxanthin concentration is associated with better cognitive and motor development in offspring at 2 years of age. Eur J Nutr. 2021;60 (2):703-714. doi: 10.1007/s00394-020-02277-2. PubMed PMID:32435993 PubMed Central PMC7116811.
- Szekely, E, Neumann, A, Sallis, H, Jolicoeur-Martineau, A, Verhulst, FC, Meaney, MJ et al.. Maternal Prenatal Mood, Pregnancy-Specific Worries, and Early Child Psychopathology: Findings From the DREAM BIG Consortium. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2021;60 (1):186-197. doi: 10.1016/j.jaac.2020.02.017. PubMed PMID:32278003 .
- de Lima, RMS, Barth, B, Arcego, DM, de Mendonça Filho, EJ, Clappison, A, Patel, S et al.. Amygdala 5-HTT Gene Network Moderates the Effects of Postnatal Adversity on Attention Problems: Anatomo-Functional Correlation and Epigenetic Changes. Front Neurosci. 2020;14 :198. doi: 10.3389/fnins.2020.00198. PubMed PMID:32256307 PubMed Central PMC7093057.
- Fogel, A, McCrickerd, K, Aris, IM, Goh, AT, Chong, YS, Tan, KH et al.. Eating behaviors moderate the associations between risk factors in the first 1000 days and adiposity outcomes at 6 years of age. Am J Clin Nutr. 2020;111 (5):997-1006. doi: 10.1093/ajcn/nqaa052. PubMed PMID:32219418 PubMed Central PMC7332343.
- Pang, WW, McCrickerd, K, Quah, PL, Fogel, A, Aris, IM, Yuan, WL et al.. Is breastfeeding associated with later child eating behaviours?. Appetite. 2020;150 :104653. doi: 10.1016/j.appet.2020.104653. PubMed PMID:32151607 PubMed Central PMC7347415.
- O'Donnell, KJ, Meaney, MJ. Epigenetics, Development, and Psychopathology. Annu Rev Clin Psychol. 2020;16 :327-350. doi: 10.1146/annurev-clinpsy-050718-095530. PubMed PMID:32084320 .
- Breen, MS, Bierer, LM, Daskalakis, NP, Bader, HN, Makotkine, I, Chattopadhyay, M et al.. Correction: Differential transcriptional response following glucocorticoid activation in cultured blood immune cells: a novel approach to PTSD biomarker development. Transl Psychiatry. 2020;10 (1):1. doi: 10.1038/s41398-019-0665-5. PubMed PMID:32066695 PubMed Central PMC7026151.
- Tan, HK, Goh, SKY, Tsotsi, S, Bruntraeger, M, Chen, HY, Broekman, B et al.. Maternal antenatal anxiety and electrophysiological functioning amongst a sub-set of preschoolers participating in the GUSTO cohort. BMC Psychiatry. 2020;20 (1):62. doi: 10.1186/s12888-020-2454-3. PubMed PMID:32050929 PubMed Central PMC7017524.
- Barth, B, Bizarro, L, Miguel, PM, Dubé, L, Levitan, R, O'Donnell, K et al.. Genetically predicted gene expression of prefrontal DRD4 gene and the differential susceptibility to childhood emotional eating in response to positive environment. Appetite. 2020;148 :104594. doi: 10.1016/j.appet.2020.104594. PubMed PMID:31927071 .
- Labonté, B, Abdallah, K, Maussion, G, Yerko, V, Yang, J, Bittar, T et al.. Regulation of impulsive and aggressive behaviours by a novel lncRNA. Mol Psychiatry. 2021;26 (8):3751-3764. doi: 10.1038/s41380-019-0637-4. PubMed PMID:31907380 PubMed Central PMC7436429.
- Phua, DY, Kee, MZL, Meaney, MJ. Positive Maternal Mental Health, Parenting, and Child Development. Biol Psychiatry. 2020;87 (4):328-337. doi: 10.1016/j.biopsych.2019.09.028. PubMed PMID:31839213 .
- Pecheva, D, Lee, A, Poh, JS, Chong, YS, Shek, LP, Gluckman, PD et al.. Neural Transcription Correlates of Multimodal Cortical Phenotypes during Development. Cereb Cortex. 2020;30 (5):2740-2754. doi: 10.1093/cercor/bhz271. PubMed PMID:31773128 .
- Unternaehrer, E, Cost, KT, Jonas, W, Dhir, SK, Bouvette-Turcot, AA, Gaudreau, H et al.. Once and Again : History of Rearing Experiences and Psychosocial Parenting Resources at Six Months in Primiparous Mothers. Hum Nat. 2019;30 (4):448-476. doi: 10.1007/s12110-019-09355-3. PubMed PMID:31749065 .
- McEwen, LM, O'Donnell, KJ, McGill, MG, Edgar, RD, Jones, MJ, MacIsaac, JL et al.. The PedBE clock accurately estimates DNA methylation age in pediatric buccal cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2020;117 (38):23329-23335. doi: 10.1073/pnas.1820843116. PubMed PMID:31611402 PubMed Central PMC7519312.
- Tsotsi, S, Broekman, BFP, Sim, LW, Shek, LP, Tan, KH, Chong, YS et al.. Maternal Anxiety, Parenting Stress, and Preschoolers' Behavior Problems: The Role of Child Self-Regulation. J Dev Behav Pediatr. 2019;40 (9):696-705. doi: 10.1097/DBP.0000000000000737. PubMed PMID:31567856 .
- Foley, JW, Zhu, C, Jolivet, P, Zhu, SX, Lu, P, Meaney, MJ et al.. Gene expression profiling of single cells from archival tissue with laser-capture microdissection and Smart-3SEQ. Genome Res. 2019;29 (11):1816-1825. doi: 10.1101/gr.234807.118. PubMed PMID:31519740 PubMed Central PMC6836736.
- Unternaehrer, E, Cost, KT, Bouvette-Turcot, AA, Gaudreau, H, Massicotte, R, Dhir, SK et al.. Dissecting maternal care: Patterns of maternal parenting in a prospective cohort study. J Neuroendocrinol. 2019;31 (9):e12784. doi: 10.1111/jne.12784. PubMed PMID:31442354 .
- Breen, MS, Bierer, LM, Daskalakis, NP, Bader, HN, Makotkine, I, Chattopadhyay, M et al.. Differential transcriptional response following glucocorticoid activation in cultured blood immune cells: a novel approach to PTSD biomarker development. Transl Psychiatry. 2019;9 (1):201. doi: 10.1038/s41398-019-0539-x. PubMed PMID:31434874 PubMed Central PMC6704073.
- Aishworiya, R, Cai, S, Chen, HY, Phua, DY, Broekman, BFP, Daniel, LM et al.. Television viewing and child cognition in a longitudinal birth cohort in Singapore: the role of maternal factors. BMC Pediatr. 2019;19 (1):286. doi: 10.1186/s12887-019-1651-z. PubMed PMID:31419962 PubMed Central PMC6696668.
- Rifkin-Graboi, A, Tan, HM, Shaun, GKY, Sim, LW, Sanmugam, S, Chong, YS et al.. An initial investigation of neonatal neuroanatomy, caregiving, and levels of disorganized behavior. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2019;116 (34):16787-16792. doi: 10.1073/pnas.1900362116. PubMed PMID:31383763 PubMed Central PMC6708318.
- Wang, Q, Zhang, H, Poh, JS, Pecheva, D, Broekman, BFP, Chong, YS et al.. Sex-Dependent Associations among Maternal Depressive Symptoms, Child Reward Network, and Behaviors in Early Childhood. Cereb Cortex. 2020;30 (3):901-912. doi: 10.1093/cercor/bhz135. PubMed PMID:31339998 .
- Lai, JS, Cai, S, Feng, L, Shek, LP, Yap, F, Tan, KH et al.. Associations of maternal zinc and magnesium with offspring learning abilities and cognitive development at 4 years in GUSTO. Nutr Neurosci. 2021;24 (6):467-476. doi: 10.1080/1028415X.2019.1643624. PubMed PMID:31331255 .
- Zhang, TY, Shahrokh, D, Hellstrom, IC, Wen, X, Diorio, J, Breuillaud, L et al.. Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor in the Nucleus Accumbens Mediates Individual Differences in Behavioral Responses to a Natural, Social Reward. Mol Neurobiol. 2020;57 (1):290-301. doi: 10.1007/s12035-019-01699-2. PubMed PMID:31327126 .
- Czamara, D, Eraslan, G, Page, CM, Lahti, J, Lahti-Pulkkinen, M, Hämäläinen, E et al.. Integrated analysis of environmental and genetic influences on cord blood DNA methylation in new-borns. Nat Commun. 2019;10 (1):2548. doi: 10.1038/s41467-019-10461-0. PubMed PMID:31186427 PubMed Central PMC6559955.
- Bouvette-Turcot, AA, Fleming, AS, Unternaehrer, E, Gonzalez, A, Atkinson, L, Gaudreau, H et al.. Maternal symptoms of depression and sensitivity mediate the relation between maternal history of early adversity and her child temperament: The inheritance of circumstance. Dev Psychopathol. 2020;32 (2):605-613. doi: 10.1017/S0954579419000488. PubMed PMID:31156070 .
- Miguel, PM, Pereira, LO, Barth, B, de Mendonça Filho, EJ, Pokhvisneva, I, Nguyen, TTT et al.. Prefrontal Cortex Dopamine Transporter Gene Network Moderates the Effect of Perinatal Hypoxic-Ischemic Conditions on Cognitive Flexibility and Brain Gray Matter Density in Children. Biol Psychiatry. 2019;86 (8):621-630. doi: 10.1016/j.biopsych.2019.03.983. PubMed PMID:31142432 .